Salesforce integration with OpsGenie

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2021

Hi all

I have gone through this https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/integrate-opsgenie-with-salesforce-service-cloud/ for an SFDC integration.

For the point stating "When the case's state is changed to Working in Salesforce Service Cloud, the corresponding alert is acknowledged in Opsgenie." - is there a way to customize that? I.e. the SFDC system has been used for years with specific Statuses ... but Working has not been one of them.

How can we customize the integration so we can define our status or set of statuses to acknoledge the alert?

Thank you
Yatish

2 answers

1 vote
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2021

Hi @Yatish Madhav ,

By default the integration is configured to ack the alert when the "Working" status is sent from SFDC >> Opsgenie.

If you are subscribed to Opsgenie's Standard or Enterprise plan, you can edit what status, or actions, acknowledge an alert under the integration's Advanced tab >> Acknowledge Alert action:

sfdc1.jpgsfdc2.jpg

Here is where you can substitute your instances statuses, add other conditions, etc. - in order for the integration to ack an alert by a received SFDC request. 

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any additional questions, issues, etc.

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2021

Thanks for this, Nick.

I have tried that but it did not seem to have worked unless I am missing something else.

I set check for the Status = Investigating for testing for Ack-ing the alert and Status = Closed for closing the alert ... but it does not seem to be happening to the Alert.

Please advise?
Thank you

Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2021

Is the Investigating SFDC request making it to the Acknowledge action? 

Can you check the logs of that request to see how Opsgenie is receiving the request, and what action it's trying to execute?

It's tough to advise without seeing the alert, reviewing the logs, etc. If you can share any screenshots of the logs, as well your current configuration, I might be able to advise from there.

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 15, 2021

Hi

So my rule for Ignore is 

Priority not equals 4 Minor Impact

So my rule for Close alert is 

Priority equals 4 Minor Impact

So my rule for Close alert is 

isClosed equals true

So my rule for Ack alert is 

Status equals Investigating

So my rule for Add note is 

Match all alert (with a test note)

For all of them Alias is {{alias}}

Yes the Investigating case is pulled through under the activity of an existing alert as "Alert is received with same alias. Message: "Salesforce event: Case with number 20151195 created with status : "Investigating"". Count is increased to 6"

See logs here - it looks like :

create

create.png

ack

ack.png

close

closed.png

ack and close actions

ack and close actions.png

It seems to be quite extensive these logs ... Please let me know

Thanks in advance

Nick H
Atlassian Team
July 21, 2021

It looks like those logs indicate that the requests are being deduplicated - which occurs when the alias of an alert matches the alias of an open existing Opsgenie alert. The other actions such as Close, Ack and Add Note are also dependent on this field.

But what seems to be happening is the requests are matching your Create Alert action. The integration's actions will be reviewed by Opsgenie from top >> down (Ignore >> Create >> Close >> Ack >> Add Note). When Opsgenie finds a matching filter / conditions, it will use that action.

You mentioned your Create Alert action filter is: Priority equals 4 Minor Impact.

You will most likely need to add another condition(s) that does NOT match on the close requests being received. Maybe something like this:

sfdccomm.jpg

Hope that helps!

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 22, 2021

Super! Thanks for the guidance. That has resolved it for me for the Close and Ack actions ...

The only one left is the Note action ... I currently have it for match all alerts ... but it does not seem to add the test note in the action - what from the Salesforce side would trigger the Add Note action for all alert matches?

Nick H
Atlassian Team
July 22, 2021

"What from the Salesforce side would trigger the Add Note action for all alert matches?"

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure. By default when adding a new SFDC integration, there isn't an Add Note action added by default. I also don't have an instance to test.

Without seeing how these requests might differ from others (like create, close, etc.), it'd be tough to provide suggestions. This would realistically depend on what is sent in the payload by SFDC >> OG. You could review these logs, and check what might differ - then adjust your other actions' filters so they do not trigger when a note is added, and can then match on the "catch-all" Add Note action that is set to Match All.

I'd suggest testing on your end, and reviewing the payload / request if received by Opsgenie when a note is added on the SFDC side. Then comparing it to other requests received. If no log or request is received by Opsgenie when a note is added on the SFDC side, then that would indicate these are not being received by Opsgenie, and some configuration would need to be done in SFDC to send to Opsgenie.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this
0 votes
Madeleine Glover October 25, 2021

A very useful thread. I've recently had the same issue and was searching for the answers for 2 weeks. Finally found this thread...it should be saved somewhere as a step-by-step guide. Anyway, I'm lucky to find a way to implement salesforce and email integration in my business. I've tried many times to find software that would be beneficial to my business and finally found a soft at revenuegrid. You can check their salesforce inbox pricing as they have different plans for the needs of the businesses.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events