Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict user to change routing alerts

Pallav Chaturvedi July 26, 2023

How can it be restricted for a user or RotaAdmin of one team to change the routing alerts for another team.

So if I am the RotaAdmin of Team A and then there is another Team B so how to restrict myself to change the routing alerts for Team B

1 answer

0 votes
John M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 26, 2023

Hi @Pallav Chaturvedi ,

Without making the user a global admin or using custom roles that allow for edit configuration access globally, the only way to give the user access to change Team B's routing rules would be to add the user as a team admin on Team B. 

Pallav Chaturvedi July 26, 2023

Hi @John M ,

That's what I was expecting but it is not working like that.

Currently I am RotaAdmin for one of the team but when trying to change the routing alerts to in routing rules section for other teams I am able to which should not be the case.

John M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 27, 2023

@Pallav Chaturvedi ,

That means you are either a global admin or you are assigned a custom role that has 'edit configuration' access. You can see your base role by going to your profile settings. If it is anything other than 'Admin' or 'User', that means it is a custom role that likely has 'edit configuration' access. If it says 'Admin' that means you are a global admin and will have access to edit all configurations. 

2023-07-27_00-45-09.png

Pallav Chaturvedi July 27, 2023

Thanks much @John M this helps. My role is custom which is allowed to make those changes

Like John M likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events