Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Question about Escalation rules

I was watching the video here: https://docs.opsgenie.com/docs/escalations and I noticed a lot more options including the one I need "Notify next user (in rotation)".

How do I get this option instead of hard code a single person or wake up the entire team?

1 answer

0 votes
Connor Eyles Atlassian Team Jan 19, 2021

Hi @Chris Thomas 

Hope you are well!

I'm not sure if I completely follow this question, you are asking how do I get this Option instead of hard coding a single person or waking up the entire team. I'll start with pointing you to the documentation which goes over the possible options for escalation rules https://docs.opsgenie.com/docs/escalations#escalation-policies

To get the option for "Notify next user (in rotation)"

1. Start with editing the desired escalation policy.
  2. Edit one of the Escalation rules or add a new Escalation rule.
  3. Select the Dropdown and choose "Notify next user (in rotation) for schedule"
  4. Define the Schedule in the next field (see screenshot)

Image 2021-01-20 at 10.59.18 am

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Connor

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Opsgenie

Leveraging Atlassian’s Opsgenie and AWS Cloudformation Registry to stay ahead of incidents

In the past, managing IT infrastructure was a hard job. It required a lot of manual effort and it was hard to keep track of all the necessary information (monitoring, scalability etc). Thankfully, as...

1,847 views 0 11
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you