• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Prevent Google Stackdriver from auto closing an Alert in OpsGenie Edited

Hello all, is there any way to prevent Google StackDriver from auto closing an alert in OpsGenie when the value of the matrix drops back below the alerts threshold? My GCP notification channel is a Webhook.

The problem I have is that the alert needs to be escalated in OpsGenie regardless that the state has become good. 

Many thanks in advance, Ray 

1 answer

2 votes

Hi @Ray Statham ,

You can manage what creates or closes alerts in the Advanced tab of the integration:

stack comm 1.jpg

^ Note - this section is only available on the Standard and Enterprise plans.

Seems like you'll want to add an additional Create Alert action that almost replicates what the Close Alert action does - filtering on the action that closes the alert. What this will do is deduplicate the alert when the close request is sent to Opsgenie. 

https://docs.opsgenie.com/docs/alert-deduplication

You'll also want to make sure this action increases the priority when it triggers. Deduplication is meant to prevent alert fatigue by increasing the count of an alert. But - if the alert deduplicates with a higher priority, the notification workflow will restart. That configuration might look something like this:

stack comm 2.jpgstack comm 3.jpg

If the integration shouldn't be closing any alerts, you have the option to delete the Close Alert action in this section as well:

stack comm 4.jpg

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have additional questions or issues.

Hello Nick,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question. I did find reference to the "Advanced" button during my initial search, but our account is "Essentials" so the option is missing. I will try and justify an account upgrade to finance and then follow your steps.

Many thanks, Ray

Like Nick H likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Opsgenie

Investigate deployment-related incidents with Bamboo and Opsgenie together

Back in April of last year one of the major product announcements from Opsgenie was the launch of the Incident investigation view which created a deep connection between Bitbucket and Opsgenie, empow...

653 views 1 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you