Options for handling after hours helpdesk "emergency" calls in Opsgenie?

austins April 11, 2023

Currently we have an addon in our PBX called "VM notify" that handles our after hours helpdesk calls. First thing it does is asks the caller to press 1 for emergency 2 for not an emergency. If they press 2, they leave a voicemail and it sends an email to the helpdesk with the voicemail attached to open a ticket. If they press 1, they leave a voice mail and then it starts calling the on call tech's cell phone. If they answer it plays the message and they have to press a number to accept it and it stops calling and it sends an email to the helpdesk with the voicemail attached to open a ticket. They the on call tech doesn't answer after 3 tries or presses the number to decline, it then calls the backup on call tech and does the same stuff. 

We will be changing our phone systems in the near future, so this addon will no longer work for us. I'd like to figure out how to configure something similar to handle after hours help desk calls using Opsgenie.

Please point me in the right direction! Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2023
austins April 11, 2023

Thanks @Brant Schroeder These are the links I've been looking for. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events