Opsgenie webhook request with json body

Carlos Chang April 17, 2023

Hi guys,

I'd like to trigger a webhook and change the issue status linked with the Opsgenie alert while press ack button, I've checked the Jira REST API

POST /rest/api/2/issue/{issueIdOrKey}/transitions

There's an integration called "Webhook" in Opsgenie, then I found out I need to input transition id as key, but I can't find "Body" section to get it done.

Any advise?

Kind regards,

Carlos

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2023

Hi @Carlos Chang ,

I don't believe that would be possible with the Webhook integration. The Jira integration can transition the status of the issue when the Opsgenie alert is ack'd though:

jira1.jpg

If the status you want to transition to is not available, you could also use OEC. Although OEC is typically used for on-prem Jira instances, there is a use case for cloud instances when you need to map custom fields or statuses.

With this, OEC would sit in the middle of Opsgenie and Jira. Opsgenie alert actions would send to OEC, which will then execute a script to transition the status of the Jira issue.

You can modify the OEC script to customize things such as configure the ack-action to transition the Jira issue's status. 

Carlos Chang April 18, 2023

Hi @Nick H ,

Thank you for your clarity, I'll put OEC into the test.

Btw, why is your Opsgenie capable of changing so many statuses while mine only has the "Done" option?

Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 18, 2023

My screenshoot is of the Jira integration which provides a few more status options. The JSM integration only had the Done option available at this time.

I believe you can use the Jira integration for a JSM project though as the configuration for the legacy integrations is identical.

Carlos Chang April 19, 2023

Hi @Nick H ,

Can I send opsgenie smart value in webhook url? like

https://{Custom_webhookUrl}?variable={{Alias}}

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events