Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opsgenie to statuspage components

Cludts Jasper July 4, 2023

Hi all,

I'm trying to setup an integration between Opsgenie and Statuspage where the goal is that when there is a new alert in Opsgenie it creates an incident in statuspage and updates the matching component as wel.

The first part was not so hard to setup and is currently working fine, however I don't seem to find the option to automatically update a component as well. 

Is this possible to configure somewhere in Opsgenie or Statuspage itself? Or is this going to be a custom integration that I'm going to have to setup?

Cheers

1 answer

0 votes
John M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2023

Hi @Cludts Jasper ,

Statuspage components can be updated via tags in Opsgenie. This section of the integration doc gives some examples with screenshots of how to set that up:

https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/integrate-opsgenie-with-statuspage/#Changing-Component-Incident-Statuses-via-Alert-Tags--Optional-

Cludts Jasper July 6, 2023

Hi John, 

Thank you for your reply. I have tried to set this up using tags but it does not work. As shown below. The these tags part is this: cmp_PRTG Network Monitor:major_outage
and PRGT Network Monitor is the name of the component in statuspage

screenshot.PNG

I would like to add that we want to use this integration only from Opsgenie to statuspage because in the documentation the first line in the screenshot is used in the Send Alert Updates Back to Statuspage part of the integration. We want to send all our alerts to Opsgenie and go from there. 

Thanks again

John M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 6, 2023

@Cludts Jasper ,

The component tags will only work on alerts that are already linked to Statuspage incidents. When you create an alert, it will send the 'create incident' action to SP and SP will reply back with an incident ID, which will display as a tag on the alert. If that tag displaying the incident ID is not present, that means the alert is not linked to SP and cannot send update actions.

2023-07-06_10-21-09.png

If you are trying to add the tags when the alert is created (not adding them after the alert has been created) you will need to use the "create an incident AND update the comments according to tags" action instead of the "update according to tags" action. 

If you don't want to send any actions from SP to Opsgenie, you can simply delete the 'create' actions:

2023-07-06_10-29-57.png

Cludts Jasper July 10, 2023

Hi John, Thanks for clearing that up. I got the integration between Opsgenie and Statuspage components working now. I have noticed that the tags have a certain 'maximum length' but that is something that we can avoid by reducing our component names.

Like John M likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events