Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opsgenie to Icinga2 Communication Issue

Martin Reißner March 24, 2023

Hello,

I'm struggling getting the communication between Opsgenie and Icinga2 to work. From OG to I2 everything works great but I'd love to be able to Ack Alerts in Opsgenie and have them Ackd in Icinga2 automatically. I set everything up according to the Documentation but when triggering an Ack in Opsgenie I see the following error in the Activity Log:

Executed [Acknowledge] action via OEC[integrationId: <omitted> integrationType: Icinga2] with errors. Reason: Err: exit status 1, Stderr: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/home/opsgenie/oec/scripts/actionExecutor.py", line 10, in <module> import html ImportError: No module named html 

The weird thing is that the script seems to be executed not on our Icinga2 Server as I can modify or delete the actionExecutor.py script there without any changes to the error.

Can someone point me in the right direction on where to look?

1 answer

0 votes
Muhammad Zeeshan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 27, 2023

Hey @Martin Reißner ,

We will need you to reach out to our Support team via: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/ so we can request access to your OEC configuration which contains private information (and this is a public platform) and then assist you accordingly.

Best regards,

Martin Reißner March 31, 2023

Hello @Muhammad Zeeshan , thank you. For now I have an idea what might be the cause of this and we will try this first.
I think it might be caused by another Icinga2 Integration/OEC in our Opsgenie where the icinga_server Variable is not configured in OEC and thus Opsgenie can't properly differentiate between the two instances. I'll report back if that does not fix it.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events