Opsgenie python sdk integration with AWS Lambda failed to create alert

Ahmad Al-Sajid June 22, 2021

Hello everyone,

I am trying to create alerts from AWS Lambda using python SDK. When I execute the script from my PC or AWS EC2, it works fine and takes ~10 seconds (business logic + fetching data from others resources) to create all the alerts in Opsgenie. Now, when I try to execute it from AWS Lambda, the `create_alert` API times out.  Below is the code that works in EC2 scripts but not in AWS Lambda.

try:
body = CreateAlertPayload(
message=message,
alias=message,
responders=[{
'name': 'My Team',
'type': 'team'
}],
tags=tags,
priority=priority
)
create_response = alert_api.create_alert(create_alert_payload=body)
print(f'offline device: {device}, request: {create_response.request_id}')
except ApiException as err:
print(f"Exception when calling AlertApi->create_alert: {err}\n")

Is there something that I missed? 

3 answers

1 vote
Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 24, 2021

Hi @Ahmad Al-Sajid ,

This seems to be more of a lambda specific issue. The one thing I can think of, is you need to have installed the opsgenie-sdk. So you will need to install the opsgenie-sdk locally (i.e. pip install opsgenie-sdk), and upload that to the lambda function dependencies so that the lambda function can use the SDK.

If you've done that already, are any of the opsgenie-sdk commands working from python? 

Thanks,

Samir

0 votes
Reham Adel November 29, 2021

Hi @Ahmad Al-Sajid 

could you please tell how did you solve this problem ?

Ahmad Al-Sajid November 29, 2021

Hi @Reham Adel, we had to turn off SSL verification to make it work then. Still, it is not recommended. 

Like Reham Adel likes this
Reham Adel November 29, 2021

How did you turn off SSL verification?

Like Reham Adel likes this
Reham Adel November 30, 2021

thank you for your support 

Reham Adel December 5, 2021

Hi @Ahmad Al-Sajid
i try to run code to create alarm in aws lambda but i get that error 

"errorMessage": "You are not authorized to perform this action: (401)\nReason: Unauthorized: apiKey is invalid or integration is disabled\nHTTP response headers: HTTPHeaderDict({'Content-Type': 'application/json', 'Content-Length': '98', 'Connection': 'keep-alive', 'Date': 'Sun, 05 Dec 2021 21:11:20 GMT', 'X-Request-Id': 'b67d7a41-5be4-4eb3-b869-945e1330a85e', 'X-Response-Time': '0.0', 'Og-Apigw-Request-Id': 'fa4076ab-2eef-4c40-8ea9-88b7240ec1ac', 'X-Envoy-Upstream-Service-Time': '129', 'Expect-Ct': 'report-uri=\"https://web-security-reports.services.atlassian.com/expect-ct-report/opsgenie-edge-proxy\", max-age=86400', 'Strict-Transport-Security': 'max-age=63072000; preload', 'X-Content-Type-Options': 'nosniff', 'X-Xss-Protection': '1; mode=block', 'Atl-Traceid': 'a7cbcab36b582704', 'Report-To': '{\"group\": \"endpoint-1\", \"max_age\": 600, \"endpoints\": [{\"url\": \"https://dj9s4kmieytgz.cloudfront.net\"}], \"include_subdomains\": true}', 'Nel': '{\"report_to\": \"endpoint-1\", \"max_age\": 600, \"include_subdomains\": true, \"failure_fraction\": 0.001}', 'Server': 'globaledge-envoy', 'X-Cache': 'Error from cloudfront', 'Via': '1.1 591fc133cda27edbedf7edb3f0231464.cloudfront.net (CloudFront)', 'X-Amz-Cf-Pop': 'LHR61-C1', 'X-Amz-Cf-Id': '2s6GACkFGfI4DZHtQNXxTL_VAz3o4mjnXhJzji4RUL9LuORAIsO6AA=='})\nHTTP response body: {\"message\": \"Could not authenticate\", \"took\": 0.0, \"requestId\": \"b67d7a41-5be4-4eb3-b869-945e1330a85e\", \"url\": \"https://api.opsgenie.com/v2/alerts\"}\n",

the part of authorization in the code

configuration = opsgenie_sdk.Configuration()
# Configure API key authorization: GenieKey
#configuration.api_key['Authorization'] = 'xxxxx'
configuration.username = 'xxxxx'
configuration.password = 'xxxxx'
configuration.verify_ssl = 'False'
conf = opsgenie_sdk.configuration.Configuration()
api_instance = opsgenie_sdk.AccountApi(opsgenie_sdk.ApiClient(configuration))
api_client = opsgenie_sdk.api_client.ApiClient(configuration=conf)
alert_api = opsgenie_sdk.AlertApi(api_client=api_client) 

could you help me please?

Reham Adel December 5, 2021

0 votes
Ahmad Al-Sajid June 24, 2021

Hi @Samir,
Thanks for your feedback. Strange thing is, it sometimes can connect to Opsgenie and create tickets, but, most of the times failing to connect and exits with the following error 

[ERROR] RetryError: RetryError[<Future at 0x7fc1a71bf610 state=finished raised NewConnectionError>]
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/task/lambda_function.py", line 108, in lambda_handler
    create_response = alert_api.create_alert(create_alert_payload=body)
  File "/opt/python/opsgenie_sdk/api/alert/__init__.py", line 1136, in create_alert
    (data) = self.create_alert_with_http_info(create_alert_payload, **kwargs) # noqa: E501
  File "/opt/python/opsgenie_sdk/api/alert/__init__.py", line 1197, in create_alert_with_http_info
    return self.api_client.call_api(
  File "/opt/python/opsgenie_sdk/api_client.py", line 423, in call_api
    return self.__call_api(resource_path, method,
  File "/opt/python/opsgenie_sdk/api_client.py", line 218, in __call_api
    raise exception
  File "/opt/python/opsgenie_sdk/api_client.py", line 196, in __call_api
    response_data = self.retrying(fn=self.request, method=method, url=url,
  File "/opt/python/tenacity/__init__.py", line 430, in __call__
    do = self.iter(retry_state=retry_state)
  File "/opt/python/tenacity/__init__.py", line 379, in iter
    six.raise_from(retry_exc, fut.exception())
  File "<string>", line 3, in raise_from 

As it can connect to Opsgenie sometimes, I don't think it's an issue with the Lambda or the package installed in lambda. BTW, I'm using opsgenie-sdk==2.1.4

Thanks.  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events