Opsgenie integration support - Can't isolate 2 JSM service projects

Rajvi Prajapati May 10, 2021

Hi everyone,

What’s the Problem?

Current Setup: Our Opsgenie was initially enabled from JSM2 service project (commonly used for external stakeholders) leading to default options in Jira project under ‘Operations section – Refer Screenshot JSM2 default setting’. Upon clicking on these options, user gets directed to Opsgenie platform.

JSM2 default setting.jpg

Opsgenie was later linked to JSM1 project (commonly used for internal issues) via webhooks per team for which there was a toggle option in Jira project under Project Settings > Features tab. (Please refer Screenshot JSM1 toggle option)

JSM1 toggle option.PNG

Due to this structure of integration, Opsgenie has incoming alerts from both the projects. Also, JSM2 project is receiving all incidents details that are being generated in Opsgenie rather than the specific ones. Nonetheless, JSM2 project doesn’t have an option to delete or remove these incident details. Is there a way to undo this and set up an Opsgenie environment as outlined below in the ideal situation?

What do we want?

Ideal Setup: We should be receiving alerts from JSM1 service project into Opsgenie from where only a few of the selected alerts/incidents relevant to external stakeholders would go to JSM2 project. To summarise, integration direction should look like JSM1 --> Opsgenie --> JSM2 i.e Opsgenie would have incoming requests from JSM1 and some of the received alerts would flow to JSM2.

Please let me know if you require further clarification on this. 

1 answer

0 votes
Justin Sitarz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2021

Hi Rajvi!

Let me summarize what I believe you're trying to set up - please let me know if I have this right:

Issues are initially raised in JSM1 - and these issues trigger new alerts to be created in Opsgenie. Based on a set of conditions in Opsgenie, those new alerts may then also trigger new issues to be created in JSM2.

Is that correct? In this case, do you currently have a webhook enabled for JSM1 to send to a JSM integration in Opsgenie? You'll want to first get this working - using our documentation here:

https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/integrate-opsgenie-with-jira-service-management/

This will get the first part of this flow working. In order to send *back* to your JSM2 project and create new issues, we'll need to add a second integration in Opsgenie. In that integration, you'll need to first check the box to "Create Jira Service Management Issue for Opsgenie Alerts". You can then add in your filtering (which will determine which alerts will be sent back to JSM), and then add the information for your JSM2 project (project key, issue type, and user credentials):

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 12.55.01 PM.png

Once that is all in place, you can save this integration, and test it out by creating a new issue in JSM1, and confirming whether it A) creates the alert, and B) triggers a new issue to be created in JSM2. 

Let me know if I'm understanding your issue correctly, and if so, whether these steps get you what you're wanting!

Best, 

Justin

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events