Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opsgenie create Jira issues when you receive an incoming call

Michael May 8, 2023
Can anyone tell me how to have Opsgenie create Jira issues when you receive an incoming call from it? I'm unable to find any documentation on it 

I have the incoming call integration setup , but cannot figure out how to create JSM ticket when call is logged 

Any help is much appreciated

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shivam Naik
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 10, 2023

Hi @Michael ,

Happy to help!

On the JIRA integration, there's an option for creating Jira incidents for Opsgenie Alerts. You'll want to check that box on the integration and set it up like below. This will create Jira Incidents corresponding to Incoming Call alerts that arrive in Opsgenie, and the filter will ensure that only Alerts with the source of Phone (Incoming Call integration alerts) will generate Incidents:

Opsgenie_-_Integration.jpg

Please let us know if you have any follow up questions!

Michael May 10, 2023

Hi @Shivam Naik 

Thanks for the update.

I'm using the new Jira Service Management integration with the following settings.

settings.JPG

Is this the correct section to do the configuration ?

I see from your screenshot above you are using the legacy option 

So far I'm still having no luck 

Michael

Shivam Naik
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 10, 2023

Hi @Michael ,

That is the correct section to add those. To confirm, JS Incidents are still not being created when Incoming Call alerts arrive in Opsgenie?

If so, I think this would benefit from a closer look in a Support ticket.

Please let me know regarding the JS Incidents, and I will follow up

Michael May 11, 2023

@Shivam Naik thanks, all log a support request

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events