cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opsgenie contionues ringing after ackowledged/closed

Bostjan Planko
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 12, 2022

Hi!

I'm having an issue with Opsgenie on Android.

When an incident happens and an alert is created, my phone starts ringing. This is expected.

However, if I acknowledge the alert in the web interface or via a chatbot, my phone continues ringing. This is very annoying because I don't have my phone at my desk all the time.

The same thing happens when the alert is closed. The phone continues ringing.

I expect my phone to stop ringing if I acknowledge or close the alert.

How can I fix this?

1 answer

0 votes
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 13, 2022

Hi @Bostjan Planko ,

I would suggest reviewing the alert's Activity log tab to see if you are continuously being notified after the alert is ack'd through your New Alert notification rule, or other rules.

If the alert is being ack'd / closed within Slack or another chatbot, then it would be expected behavior that you are notified when this happens. Recipients of an alert would be notified if another user / source ack'd or closed the alert. For example:

not1.jpg

1 - Alert notified me through my New Alert notification rule

2 - I ack'd the alert

3 - Alert was closed via Slack

4 - I was notified through my Close Alert notification rule since I was not the one closing the alert in the web or mobile app

Bostjan Planko
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 15, 2022

Hi,

no, no "close" notifications are sent to our phones. Only our monitoring system and chat.

You can see in the example below, that alert was sent to and received by my phone. Then after the problem was acknowledged and closed a few minutes later, my phone was still ringing. It wasn't until I opened Opsgenie app on the phone and opened that alert, that my phone stopped ringing.

Should an acknowledgment and close action be sent to the phone?2022-12-15_15-36.png

Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 15, 2022

Thanks for sharing @Bostjan Planko . You can configure acknowledgment and close notification rules. It might make sense to open a ticket with Opsgenie support so that alert can be reviewed a bit deeper: https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events