Opsgenie alert auto close when the issue is resolved

Sohaib Khan October 19, 2022

Hello Team, 

Is there a way to set up an auto-close alert on opsgenie? 

For example:

This is what I have set up, I'm using grafana for monitoring and have set an alert for CPU usage. If the CPU usage reaches 85% then want an alert to be sent to opsgenie which will then send a notification to slack and phone call /SMS.  

All that works fine, the only issue I run into is I want the alert to be able to close if the CPU usage decreases from the threshold I set up which is 85%. 

I have created a brand new dashboard and alert policy from grafana which all tested fine. I followed the suggested steps from Atlassian for creating an API from opgenie and then configuring the API key with grafana.  

Could someone point me to how I can set a policy where the alert gets closed automatically if the gets resolved on its own? Let's say the usage spiked up to 85% for a minute and went back to its normal usage. I want the alert that gets created to be closed after the issue is resolved. 

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 20, 2022

Hi @Sohaib Khan

The way the Opsgenie/Grafana integration works is that when an alert is closed in Grafana, the related alert is closed in Opsgenie.

If you set Grafana up to automatically close the alert when the usage drops back below 85%, a 'close' action will be then sent to opsgenie which will close Opsgenie's open alert. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events