Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opsgenie alert acked when JSM issue status updated to in progress

Yinshuo November 19, 2022

Hi Experts

I am new to the Opsgenie and Jira Service Management.

And I am trying the Jira Service Management Integration plugin of Opsgenie.

I have succeed to create a JSM issue when Opsgenie new alert created.

I am wondered if there is a way to trigger the Opsgenie new alert's Ack'd action when the JSM issue's status is updated from Waiting for support to In progress.

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2022

Hi @Yinshuo ,

That should be possible. If I'm understanding the workflow;

Opsgenie alert creates JSM issue >> JSM issue's status is transitioned to "In Progress" - and this should move the Opsgenie alert into an ack'd state.

If you are using the JSM cloud integration, you'd either want to add or edit an Acknowledge Alert Incoming automation rule that filters on the issue being updated + status (In progress). It might look something like this:

jsm1.jpgjsm2.jpg

If you are using the JSM legacy integration, you'd want to add or edit the Acknowledge action under the Advanced tab of the integration.

Note this tab is only available on the Opsgenie standalone Standard and Enterprise plans, or the JSM/O Premium and Enterprise plans:

jsm3.jpg

It might look something like this:

jsm4.jpg 

Yinshuo November 20, 2022

Hi Nick

Thanks for replying.

I am using the JSM cloud integration, and the workflow is as your understanding.

Opsgenie alert creates JSM issue >> JSM issue's status is transitioned to "In Progress" - and this should move the Opsgenie alert into an ack'd state. 

The Workflow worked as your conditional setting, I think the only trip is that the JSM issue status string is "Work In Progress"  in the default rule.  it worked after I changed the condition string from "Work In Progress" to "In Progress".

Regards.

Like Nick H likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events