It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Opsgenie - adding comments to JIRA tickets

Hi, 

I guess it is possible to trigger an Opsgenie call when a P1 issue is created in SD, however would it be possible to push an update as a comment/or changing a field (e.g. assignee or custom field) back to JIRA stating the name of the on-call person and when a specific person has acknowledged the case?

Thanks!

1 answer

Are you using Jira cloud, or on prem?

Jira Cloud has good two way integration with OpsGenie

On prem you can look at the opsgenie "Marid" program to link your Jira to your OpsGenie instance.

@Andrew Laden ..we have JIRA Cloud

So you are saying that with the integration it should work easily?

I cant speak from experience, as I am on prem for Jira only. But I know Atlassian put a lot of effort into integrating Jira Cloud and OpsGenie, when they did their "JiraOps" product. So I would think it would be easier. Only way to know for sure is to try it. :)

Like Judit Arvai likes this

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Opsgenie

What’s New in Opsgenie October 2019

Hi there, we have a lot of exciting announcements this month, specifically around Dark Mode. You don’t want to miss out!    Dark Mode for Mobile App is here! A few weeks ago, we annou...

1,403 views 3 15
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you