Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opsgenie Zendesk Integration add entry

Alex Thornhill February 3, 2023

I've setup our Zendesk to create an Incident and Alert in Opsgenie from a new Ticket in Zendesk however I cannot see how I can get any new comments from the Zendesk ticket to flow into the Opsgenie Incident. 

Ideally I'd be looking to get the comment from Zendesk ticket added to either the Latest_comment field on the Opsgenie Incident or the Add Entry field. The support page (https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/integrate-opsgenie-with-zendesk/) states this: For example, add a note to Opsgenie alert/incident, when a public reply is added to the ticket in Zendesk. In order to do this, define "If a public reply is added to the ticket in Zendesk, a note is added to the alert in Opsgenie". mapping in "Zendesk -> Opsgenie" Update Section.

However when I look at the integration on Opsgenie there is no option from Zendesk to Opsgenie on the opsgenie side to add a note. There is only an option for a Zendesk Ticket when internal note added to reopen/close/resolve the opsgenie ticket.

I did see the option on the Alert for this however i'm specifically looking for this to be done on the Incident.

1 answer

1 vote
Shashwat Khare
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2023

Hi @Alex Thornhill ,

Please note that for the Zendesk Opsgenie integration, we have the functionality of adding internal notes/ public replies from Zendesk tickets to Opsgenie Alerts.

However, for Incident Action Mapping, we currently offer only Incident state-based Incident actions such as "Resolved/Reopened/Closed".

I have raised a Feature Request for this functionality to be available for Incidents as well and would request you to please follow the below ticket for further updates on this:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/OPSGENIE-1253

Have a great day ahead! 

Best,
Shashwat

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events