Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opsgenie Major Incident SLAs

David Meredith September 30, 2021

Hi there,

I'd like to use the Major Incident functionality that is integrated to JSM and managed in Opsgenie.

I can't find where I track the SLA performance of the parent Major Incident.

The P1 / P2 SLAs I have created in JSM won't apply to the Opsgenie Major Incident that gets created.

We don't have many major incidents but we still want to record whether we achieved our SLA on them.

Can you please advise how to achieve this?

Cheers,

Dave

1 answer

0 votes
Shivam Naik
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 1, 2021

Hi David,

Happy to help!

Incorporation of SLAs into Opsgenie's Incident Response is unavailable in the product at the moment, however, I have added this request to a Feature Request Engineering currently has open for this issue internally. The ID is AG-364, and while there is not ETA at the moment, a notification will be sent out to accounts attached to the FR. If you could provide me with your account name, I can get you added there; I've already added this Community Post there.

Thank you!

David Meredith October 1, 2021

Hey @Shivam Naik ,

Our account is abports.atlassian.net.

Do you have a workaround / suggestion around how to achieve this in the meantime?

Is there a public link for AG-364 I can track?

Many thanks for your update :)
Dave

Chris DeGidio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 4, 2021

Hi @David Meredith Our feature request and bug tracking is internal only at the moment. 

A work-around would be to set up a JSM/JSW integration and ensure bi-lateral updates are enabled this way when the OG alert closes attached to the incident the Jira ticket is closed and vice versa. You should be able to use Jira SLA's to track and report on. The instructions on this can be found below:

JSW:https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/integrate-opsgenie-with-jira/

JSM: https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/integrate-opsgenie-with-jira-service-management/

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. 

Regards,

Chris

Nadia October 21, 2021

Hi @Chris DeGidio am I correct that even with JSM Premium we don't have this functionality and still have to integrate both? 

Like Alexander Kravchuk likes this
Mykola Faievych November 8, 2023

Hi @Chris DeGidio 
Are there any updates on adding the SLAs feature to the Opsgenie?
It useful feature, and would be great to have it in Opsgenie.

Chris DeGidio
Atlassian Team
November 8, 2023

hi @Mykola Faievych This feature request is now public and can be tracked/voted on at the following URL:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/OPSGENIE-453

Chris DeGidio
Atlassian Team
November 8, 2023

@Nadia really sorry about missing that reply. Yes there is nothing in Opsgenie incidents that applies an SLA. As mentioned you can key off of the owner/responder alerts generated during the incidents to create a tracked jira issue. Then when the incident is closed it would send a closure to the linked Jira issue. It can then be tracked in Jira from the alert creation time >> alert closure time via the Created date and closed date in Jira.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events