Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Opsgenie JiraServiceDesk Integration - Assignee

Hi,

When an alert is created in opsgenie, a corresponding Jira Service Desk (cloud) ticket is created. The reporter is an agent I created in jira for this specific purpose. 

When a human agent ack's the alert in opsgenie, I see the corresponding ack that moves the JSD ticket to the next step in the workflow.

Is there a way for me to have the assignee of the JSD ticket changed to the user that ack'ed the ticket instead of showing unassigned?

Thanks,

Wei

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nick H Atlassian Team Jan 24, 2021

Hi @Wei ,

This functionality is not currently available. I know we have an open feature request for this that I'll certainly add you to though.

As a workaround we've seen customers using automation rules to accomplish this.

You'd first want the integration to add a comment to the issue when an alert is acknowledged:

auto comm 1.jpg

That comment would look like this:

auto comm 2.jpg

You would then add an automation rule that filters on this comment / user's name, and assigns the issue to the corresponding JSM user:

auto comm 3.jpg

auto comm 4.jpg

You'd have to add an automation rule for each user - so it's not the most robust workaround, but the only real workaround at this time.

Let us know if you have any additional questions!

Thanks! I'm no stranger to rube goldberg like automations :).

0 votes
Liron Atlassian Team Feb 04, 2021

Hi Wei!

This is an interesting question, and actually helps validate a usecase we're building towards within Jira Service Management. In the future, we will have more and more incident response features available right from the Jira Service Management interface and we have been considering that acknowledging first should also assign the incident to that person. 

What happens when there are multiple possible responders? Would you still want that behaviour?

Thanks

Liron

Hi Liron,

This is great to hear. My "want" in this case is that anyone who visits the Opsgenie dashboard and sees an alert ack'ed versus another party who is looking from the Jira dashboard would see the same assignee at all times.

Thanks!

Wei

Liron Atlassian Team Feb 04, 2021

Yep. Makes sense. Thank you Wei!

Like Wei likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Opsgenie

Leveraging Atlassian’s Opsgenie and AWS Cloudformation Registry to stay ahead of incidents

In the past, managing IT infrastructure was a hard job. It required a lot of manual effort and it was hard to keep track of all the necessary information (monitoring, scalability etc). Thankfully, as...

1,783 views 0 11
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you