Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opsgenie - JSM integration : Is it possible to prevent the automatic set of "responder" field

Brachetto, Django April 6, 2022

Dear all,

I am working on this case from a while now and didn't find a solution (except disable the responder alerts in Project Settings, something that a don't want to).

Actually, with the above setting enable, whenever someone is assign to an incident, the field responder is automatically fill with the value of the assignee and an alert raised in opsgenie regardless the priority of the incident. I havent any automation that make an intervention in this process and aren't able (after many tries in opsgenie option integrations) to solve that case.

In our use case, we only use the opsgenie alert for P1 escalation. So I don't want that when someone is assigned to an incident the responder field is automatically fill and an alert is raised in opsgenie regardless the incident priority. We only have an automation to fill the responder field with the correct opgenie team when a P1 is detected.

Have you ever had a similar case and misfunction, is it a "standard" behavior when the "RESPONDER ALERTS" is enable ?

Thanking you in advance for your help and knowledge sharing regarding this case. =)

Django

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shivam Naik
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 7, 2022

Hi @Brachetto, Django ,

Happy to help!

I would recommend submitting a Support ticket so that we can get a closer look at your JSM integration, but based on your question here, you could prevent that from happening by making edits to the Alert Action Filter for your JSM integration like below; by either making sure that the Responder field is clear, or that someone specific is in place, you should be able to prevent automatic assignments. This Advanced Settings section will also allow you to finetune how those alerts are created:

I would also recommend looking over this article, as they cover how to use the Advanced Setting section more:https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/action-filters-in-opsgenie-integrations/

Please let us know if you have any follow up questions!

0 votes
Mick Szucs November 29, 2022

There is a feature request open for this:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-11583

If this would be useful to you please vote for it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events