Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opsgenie Escalation Notifications

Scott Wright April 20, 2020

When an alert is escalated, does the notification state the alert has been escalated?  We have three levels of escalation.  If the first person does not acknowledge the alert, it goes to a second person.  I'd like the next person to know they are getting an escalation, rather than a basic notification.  If the next person knows the alert has passed to the second ( or third person ) because it was unacknowledged, they will know it needs an immediate response.

Does this happen by default or is this something that can be done?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kate Clavet
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2020

Hi @Scott Wright thanks for your question. There is a feature request filed for this already for the team to evaluate. The idea is that if you're getting an alert notification whether it be an escalation or otherwise you should be acting on it as soon as possible. I do see the value in seeing if it is escalated or not though. 

If your teams are feeling overwhelmed with alerts it might be good to take a look at the way that the alert priorities are set, and to set up a routing rule that doesn't notify team members of informational or low priority alerts that can wait until the next day. You may have already done this of course but mentioning just in case! Let me know if you need help with anything else. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events