Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opsgenie Alert screen auto refresh

Ron Mizoshiri February 15, 2022

Is there any way to auto-refresh the Alert listing aside from using a browser plugin or doing it manually?

1 answer

0 votes
John M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 15, 2022

Hi Ron,

Currently there is a 1 minute auto-refresh for the 'Alerts' page, so any new alerts should show up within 1 minute, without having to refresh the page. 

Ron Mizoshiri February 22, 2022

I have not observed any auto-refresh, so I tested it as follows:

I UNACK'ED a previously ACK'ED open alert from my mobile OpsGenie app while keeping the alert windows up in Brave browser, and in Firefox on my PC.

After waiting for five minutes, neither alert screen auto-refreshed, both showed the alert as "ACK'ED".  In order to show the alert's true state, I had to hit the browser refresh on both in order to show to correct status of "OPEN"

I did not try it in the Edge browser, I don't care to use that one.

Like Belliveau_ John likes this
John M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 23, 2022

Hi Ron - The auto-refresh checks for new alerts but does not update existing alerts. 

Ron Mizoshiri February 23, 2022

Okay, seems bound to cause frustration if new alerts can show up but existing ones don't have their status updated. I believe all other products I've used over the past 30 years refresh the entire list, I've never heard of a partial refresh. I suppose this isn't intended to perform as an NMS per se, but in my opinion auto-refresh should be all or nothing. 

I will need to look into the browser plug-ins that will refresh the page.

John M
Atlassian Team
February 24, 2022

It appears we do already have a feature enhancement request logged for complete auto-refresh, so that is hopefully a feature we will see sometime in the near future. In the meantime, here is a plugin that may help.

Guillaume B August 19, 2022

Hello,

up! what about this request now ?

we are a bit disapointed too about the way of no refreshing alerts are...

thanks in advance :)

John M
Atlassian Team
August 22, 2022

Hello @Guillaume B ,

This functionality had not been implemented yet, but customers can now follow feature requests using our new public-facing system:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/OPSGENIE-346

You can add yourself as a 'watcher' to get updates and upvote and comment to help requests get traction. 

Ron Mizoshiri September 1, 2022

Until they get this basic feature implemented, I have found this browser extension to work perfectly for me:  Opsgenie Alert Refresher.

Noticed afterwards this link was already posted...

Like John M likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events