Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpsGenie integration with Nagios

Karan Perti July 20, 2021

Hi,

I'm trying to integrate 1 API key for the SAS team and one for the DBA team in Nagios so based on the alert triggered the associated team linked to the API key will be notified.  

However the reason the 2nd alert isn't being raised is due to alert duplication suppression.  So the first alert is raised against the team who is associated with the API key, and then the 2nd alert gets categorised as a duplicate regardless of the API key used to submit it.  ​ The way to address this I'd say will be to use a single API key to submit all alerts from Nagios and then use alert policies within Opsgenie to update the "responders" and responders can be passed in from Nagios with the "-responders=" switch on the send2opsgenie command - however I can't find enough information on the format that Opsgenie expects the -responders string to be in to allow it to work. 

Is anyone able to shed some knowledge on detailed information for setting the correct responders via policy and the format of the responders string to allow this to work? 

1 answer

1 vote
connor mcguane July 21, 2021

I am unfamiliar with the Nagios integration, but I will try to help.

If it is getting caught in deduplication, I would first try changing the Alias field for one of the integration, since that is was deduplication uses to match on.  That may be a simple quick fix.

Your second option is very similar to a setup we have for our Dynatrace integration, where it is a single integration with a payload that contains a tag (value).  We then use global alert policies to say "if value ABC, set responders to Alpha Team".  

Yes, the info on the actual strings sent is lacking.  I would try looking through the Opsgenie logs, searching for your Nagios alerts to see how the raw data comes in.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events