Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpsGenie>Slack Integration

Cat Ward October 26, 2022

I'm setting up integration. We have a few Opsgenie>Slack integrations. One is "default" - no team specific. That's where our alerts go to.

I'm setting one up just for our team.  Now when alerts come in - they go to both channels. How can I get them to go to just the channel that shows "assigned to team" - with our team in it?

1 answer

1 vote
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 26, 2022

Hi @Cat Ward ,

Global Slack integrations - meaning the integration is assigned to [No Team] - can apply to ALL alerts created in your Opsgenie.

Team Slack integrations will only apply to alerts sent to the same team. 

If you want the global Slack integration to only trigger when a team is not assigned to the alert, you would want to configure some filter like this in the Slack integration:

slack1.jpg

Cat Ward October 26, 2022

I think I'm going to have to look elsewhere. Seems even though I have the integration set to go to my team, to a specific channel, it's going to both channels.  But, thank you. 

Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 27, 2022

Hi @Cat Ward ,

That's realistically by design. Again - global Slack integrations will review ALL alerts in your Opsgenie because there is no team assigned the alert. Slack integrations assigned to a team will trigger only for the alerts sent to the same team.

What exactly is the use case? Do you not want to alerts sending to this specific team to trigger the global default Slack integration?

Cat Ward October 27, 2022

I have our team assigned to the alert. But the alert is going to the "no team" channel, as well as the "infra team" assigned channel. 

Our "use case" is NagiosXI integration with Opsgenie using OEC.

Nick H
Atlassian Team
October 28, 2022

Ok, well the reason the alert is sending to both Slack channels can be reviewed in my previous responses.

I also included a workaround to avoid the team alert from sending to the default / global Slack integration.

Cat Ward October 31, 2022

I also included a workaround to avoid the team alert from sending to the default / global Slack integration.

What was that?^^

Nick H
Atlassian Team
November 2, 2022

Hi @Cat Ward ,

My first response should outline how you can have the team alerts only go to the team-Slack channel, and avoid them from going to the global-Slack channel.

Cat Ward November 2, 2022

Correct me if I'm wrong, but your first response has me modifying the global-Slack channel, no?

Nick H
Atlassian Team
November 2, 2022

That's correct. The issue seems like you do not want the team's alerts sending to the global Slack integration/channel - so you need to add some sort of filter in the global Slack integration to avoid this.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events