Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpsGenie and Jira integration

chene September 5, 2021

Hi 

i have created a simple integration between Jira software to OpsGenie.

in short, once new Jira ticket created new Incident is created on OpsGenie and routed to specific team.

based on specific field on the Jira the Incident created for different responder team.

i wanted to achieve 'switch team' where changing that field on the Jira side, will update the opsgenie incident owner team and notify the right team.

although on Jira webhook the events for issues are created + udpated, nothing happens when i'm changing the group field on the Jira ticket and no incident created or udpated due to that.

is it possible from existing integration or ill need to do some jira automation to trigger API of opsgenie or similar?

10x

CL

1 answer

1 vote
Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2021

Hi @chene !

It's not possible to change which teams are responders for an alert in Opsgenie, you can only have it add a team as an additional responder. This is because you can't remove a team as a responder in Opsgenie.

If you want to have an additional team added as a responder to the alert in Opsgenie based on the value of that specific field changing in Jira, we should be able to do this using multiple Create Alert actions in the Jira integration to set team(s) as responders based on the value of this field, assuming this field is one of the "default" fields that you can filter on in the Jira integration in Opsgenie?

2021-09-10_14-25-36.png

However if this is a custom field which determines which teams(s) in Opsgenie should be responders, then this may not be possible as you can't filter on custom fields in the current Jira integration.

I would recommend reaching out to Opsgenie support via support.atlassian.com and we can work with you on setting this up once we have more details!

Thanks,

Samir

chene September 10, 2021

Hi Samir,

thanks for your response!

Also based on the API I see it’s indeed not possible to change team and also add responders.

Not sure why though. It feels so basic to change route for incident in a “OnCall” system. (Someone opened a ticket to the wrong group).

regarding the integration you’ve mentioned I assume the field I want is a custom one, but the entire screen you’ve showed is not a screen I’m working with, I wonder if I’m missing something here.

how do you get to this screen?

im using Opsgenie and Jira software, so the integration part is on Jira on the webhook settings to opsgenie, and on opsgenie on the Jira integration part.

thanks

cl

Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2021

Hi @chene 

The Alert API just offers the "Add Responder" action, just like you can do in the Opsgenie Web App.

The screenshot I sent was from the "Advanced" View of the Jira integration...

e.g.

2021-09-10_15-49-55.png

If you don't have that option, it's due to your plan not offering "advanced" integrations.

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this
chene September 11, 2021

thanks again for your reply.

i'm not sure how to check what is my current plan.

while clicking on subscriptions on the opsgenie view i dont see anything related to opsgenie specifically (only jira service management - powered by opsgenie)

is this means i'm on the Free plan?

10x

Samir
Atlassian Team
September 13, 2021

Hi @chene ,

This means you are on one of the JSM subscriptions. JSM is a subscription that includes Opsgenie, so you are likely on the JSM Standard plan which doesn't have access to "Advanced" Integrations in Opsgenie. You would have to upgrade JSM to the Premium plan in order to leverage advanced integrations.

Thanks,

Samir

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events