Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpsGenie alerts to Service Desk ticket creation

Derek Stevenson May 6, 2020

Hi all!

I'm having troubles getting OpsGenie alerts (any manual or auto) to create a ticket in next-gen service desk (cloud). I have Service Desk to OpsGenie working though. Is there good step by step process for this somewhere?

It is SSO and 2 factor log in for Jira, So i think i'm looking for how to allow OpsGenie to talk to Jira via a SSO 2fa set up. REST API

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2020

Hi @Derek Stevenson

The best place to troubleshoot Opsgenie > JSD is in the alert's Activity Logs, as well in the Logs found under Settings > Debug.

jsd error.jpg

The Activity Logs only show the response such as a 400, 401, etc. - but the debug Logs will provide more details to the error.

Typically SSO issues are related to a 401 or 403 which is an authorization issue. To solve this, please use an API token in the password field on the JSD configuration: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/api-tokens-938839638.html

Steps in Jira to produce a token: Profile > Manage your account > Security > API Tokens > Create and manage API tokens > Create API token > Copy/paste new API Token into the integration's password field:

Jira+401.png (1017×568)

Again - check the logs and errors shown, and feel free to report back here with any additional questions or issues.

Best,

Nick

Derek Stevenson May 7, 2020

Thank you so much @Nick H amazing service A+

Like Nick H likes this
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2020

Of course! Please let us know if you happen to run into any other questions or issues.

Best,

Nick

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events