Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpsGenie - Two login options (SSO and username/password)

Miroslav Šedý March 11, 2022

Hello,

For our company's account I have set up a SSO login via ADFS.

The setup works okay, even though sharing cookies with the service account I wanted to use and a personal account I use for testing is not quite ideal, I still manage with just restarting the browser to clear the cached data.

Since I do not know our domains ADFS login credentials for my chosen service account that I first created with classical username and password, I found out I am unable to log back in with this account as there was no way to use password login.

Logging back in through Atlassian account hasn't worked either as it redirected me straight to opsgenie login page, which then always redirected me to ADFS.

Fortunately I've made other account owners so I can now either disable ADFS and log back in with my intended service account, or just use my other owner account.

What is the correct way to proceed if the company's ADFS login were broken for whatever reason? (eg. expired certificate, ADFS server being down etc.)

Is there any kind of safety mechanism that would let us re-disable SSO (eg. from Atlassian account) and log back in using passwords we created?

Why aren't there just both of those options so people can use both SSO and username/password login?

Best regards,
Miroslav

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 14, 2022

Hi @Miroslav Šedý ,

This is Darryl. I am here to help. 

Please note that it's the industry-standard SSO login process, no multiple login methods are supported at the same time.

Once this feature is enabled, the credentials of your Identity Provider(IdP), ADFS in your case, will become the sole source of your Opsgenie account, instead of having multiple methods supported for the same account.

This is for security and privacy concerns, to make your user management unified on the IdP side and avoid the possibility that someone forge or impose your identity to log into your Opsgenie via other login methods.

If you forgot about the password/credentials on your IdP side, please consider reaching out to the internal team who manages your IdP directory for the recovery.

If you're having some issues with the SSO configuration on Opsgenie, please contact the other Owner account on your Opsgenie to disable the SSO so that you can resume using the account+password method to log in.

If none of the Opsgenie Owner accounts are able to access your Opsgenie, please reach out to us for further assistance.

Hope you can understand that.

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Darryl Lee
Support Engineer, Atlassian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events