cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpsGenie - Email On Call Schedule to 3rd Party

Robin Stemmers January 22, 2021

Hi All

Trying out opsgenie for the first time.

Is there a way to send out the on-call schedule weekly to a 3rd party ourside of your org.

or a way to automate to send to another Support Team (outside your org)

2 answers

0 votes
Robin Stemmers January 25, 2021

Thank you all for you assistance, however none of those options are available on the OpsGenie version I have.

Awaiting feedback from Atlassian to check my plan.

Thanks

0 votes
Chris Thomas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2021

1. In the user notification settings you can add additional email addresses there. In the Opsgenie settings somewhere you can have it notify the user who is on call next.

2. If a user has a license you can send to that user if they are in your org or not.

Thanks for the feedback Chris, however I that does not seem like what I need.

So maybe if I give more background it can help.

I will set up my schedule by various teams, but I need to send a list of all the teams with the respective on call user.

EG

Support Team 1 - Betty Boob - 021 021 021

Support Team 2 - Sponge Bob - 021021021

Support Team 3 - Goldie Locks - 985 698 698

We have about 16 teams on call for the respective areas and each week those individuals change - based on the rotations in the team.

We have another 3rd party who needs to stay informed so that if any underlying infrastructure they know who to contact.

So the idea is to send a list of all who is on call in one view to another email address

I hope this makes more sense. 

From you earlier response, it made it sound like I would potentially be sending 16 notifications per week, but I could be misunderstanding.

Many thanks

Robin

Chris Thomas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2021

I think I understand, there is a way to download the schedule. If you go to the teams page, click on the team, there is a button that will download it as an .ics format. This file can be imported into almost any calendar program.

image.png

If you are looking for a different file type you can use the following page: https://www.file-extensions.org/convert-ics-to-pdf

Please note that I have not done any of these steps.

Thanks - I will look into it.

I assume this will have to be manually managed and not automated.

Is that asking to much (LOL)

Thanks again

Robin

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2021

You probably could automate it through API - I am still unsure about the exact timestamp you would have to provide, but however, at least something you could have a look into:
https://docs.opsgenie.com/docs/who-is-on-call-api

Does this help?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events