cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Alert Via DataDog with No DataDog Monitors

Ian Gillis
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 13, 2023

Is it possible to open an OpsGenie alert initiated by a DataDog log or DataDog event vs a DataDog monitor threshold? I've tried many different combinations of tags but no luck so far.
From the documentation it seems we can acknowledge or close alerts, but not create them.

Our current setup involves writing DataDog logs and events - we also have api-intergration with OpsGenie directly, but the team routing we have setup does not seem possible, as the api-key (guid) / originating entity (i.e. from the OpsGenie logs: Alert created via API[API KEY NAME]) appears to override the team routing we have set up. The granularity of the alerts we are initiating through the OpsGenie API precludes using DataDog monitors.

1 answer

0 votes
John M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 14, 2023

Hi @Ian Gillis ,

I'm not sure if it's possible or not, but it should theoretically work as long as the payload reaching Opsgenie meets the payload requirements Opsgenie is expecting from Datadog, which can be seen here:

https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/integrate-opsgenie-with-datadog/#Sample-payloads-sent-from-Datadog-to-Opsgenie

You should be able to see the raw and parsed payload in the debug logs.

If you need help troubleshooting this in more detail, you can open a ticket here so that support can access your account and review the debug logs. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events