Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On opsgenie, how could I import a list of schedule overrides, such as a csv file ?

mlopes
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 13, 2024

Hello! 

Being a new opsgenie admin/user I'm looking for a built in tool of sorts that would allow me to import a .CSV file to enter monthly schedule overrides. API right now is out of the picture due to security concerns.  

A bit of context: We have a new team of 14 people that were added to an existing schedule, but these people don't follow fixed schedules. These change every month and the shifts are 2h long.  This makes it a pain to enter manually when I have a perfectly good sheet with the names, dates and times of shifts already available.  We're talking about 600+entries each month. 

Side note: I could automate it through the web interface IF the date fields for Start and End would accept keyboard inputs, but they force me to click them and select a date from a small calendar. It's good for a single entry but a PITA for bulk entries.  (check screenshot).

override.png

Again, any help would be appreciated!! TYSM!

Marcio

1 answer

0 votes
Brennan Kiely
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 15, 2024

Hi Marcio,

Using the API would be the best supported way to handle automating the addition of overrides.

mlopes
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 19, 2024

Thanks Brennan! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events