Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On-call based on customer

Tomasz Pieruszka April 15, 2022

Hi

I have several clients with different SLA configuration in my Jira Service Management portal and I would like to setup on-call in OpsGenie depending on the SLA attached to a Client. I tried several options (based on custom field) but could not make it work. I can see that the integration is passing customer's name in a custom field to OpsGenie but I cannot seem to make use of it. Does anyone have any suggestion on how to distinguish the Organization of the Reporter in the Alert in OpsGenie and based on that decide if the oncall should be triggered or not?

1 answer

1 vote
Talar Pavlovic
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2022

Hey there Tomasz, 

Thanks for writing into Statuspage Community, I'm Talar from the Atlassian team, happy to help.

Let me preface the info below with our recommended set up for routing alerts: 

• Routing Rule --> Escalation Policy --> Schedule, team or user

What you can do here is use the filter "Details (key-value based)" within the routing rules of the team to determine which escalation to route the alert to. 

Eg: 

Screen Shot 2022-04-17 at 10.19.20 am.png

If you set up multiple Escalations within your team, one per customer, or one per SLA type (whatever works for you), you then then have any different routing filters to route the alert to the escalation that matches. 

Hope this helps! 

Regards,
Talar

Tomasz Pieruszka April 19, 2022

Well, I tried that.. I already have routing rule in place and only call my team members when P1 or P2 alert is created. When I added Key-Value field of Company and the name of one of the companies I want them to be called for assistance, it did not work at all. I think this field is not passed to OpsGenie from Jira Service Management....

I am on Jira SM Cloud. Is there a way to know which fields are passed to Opsgenie?

Talar Pavlovic
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2022

Hey Tomasz, 

Sounds like you might need more specific individual support. 

Please pop through a ticket at https://support.atlassian.com and one of our Support Engineer will be able to take a look at your instance and help get you set up. 

Regards,
Talar 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events