Notifications override not working

Calixto Gonzalez April 19, 2023

I recently upgraded my OnePlus 7 Pro to Android 12, and I am experiencing an issue as follows: I use the Opsgenie app, which has the appropriate permissions to bypass the "Do Not Disturb" mode (although this feature seems to be malfunctioning as well). The problem occurs when I set my phone to vibrate mode, as the Opsgenie app vibrates instead of using its designated ringtone to override the settings as it should.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rafael Meira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2023

Hello @Calixto Gonzalez 

It seems like you're facing issues with the Opsgenie app notifications not overriding the Do Not Disturb settings on your OnePlus 7 Pro after upgrading to Android 12. Here are a few steps you can try to resolve this issue:

1. Double-check Permissions: Go to your phone's Settings > Apps > Opsgenie > Permissions. Ensure that the app has the necessary permissions, especially "Do Not Disturb" access.

2. Adjust App Notifications: Go to Settings > Apps > Opsgenie > Notifications. Make sure that the notifications for the app are enabled and set to override Do Not Disturb.

3. Clear Cache and Data: Go to Settings > Apps > Opsgenie > Storage & cache. Clear the cache and data for the app. This will reset the app settings, and you'll need to reconfigure your account, but it might resolve the issue.

4. Update the Opsgenie app: Make sure you have the latest version of the Opsgenie app installed. Go to the Google Play Store, search for Opsgenie, and update the app if necessary.

5. Disable Battery Optimization: Go to Settings > Battery > Battery optimization > Find Opsgenie app > Select "Don't optimize." This ensures that the app can run in the background and receive notifications without being affected by battery-saving features.

6. Restart your phone: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve issues. Press and hold the power button, then tap on "Restart" to reboot your device.

7. If the troubleshooting did not work, I recommend you open a formal ticket with us here so we can further investigate, if possible.

Best,
Rafa

Calixto Gonzalez April 21, 2023

Yeah I think this is not related to Opsgenie it is just a glitch in OnePlus's implementation of android.

Rafael Meira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 21, 2023

Probably @Calixto Gonzalez 
Hope you get this issue resolved!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events