Notifications going to wrong email address

John Alan February 3, 2023

I have two email addresses in my OpsG profile.  One is my normal email address, one is a Slack email integration address.  This address is ONLY selected for `Schedule Start` and nothing else.

My issue is that every notification for Services I am watching are getting sent to this email address along with my regular one.

Reviewing my Notifications shows "All Alerts" only going to my normal email address.

1 answer

1 vote
Mona Singh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2023

Hi John,

This is Mona here, happy to help :)

I understand that you’re receiving Service Subscription Notification on both the emails configured under your Email contact method.

To answer your question, this is expected behavior as Individual subscribers receive an email notification on the email contact methods set within their User Profile. Please note that stakeholder notifications can only be received via email and push notifications.

You can refer to the below doc to get more information on Stakeholder Notifications:
https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/get-started-with-opsgenie-as-a-stakeholder/

Therefore, for service subscription notifications you should be receiving emails on both the addresses and also push notifications (if configured and the app installed)

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any follow-up questions and I’ll be happy to answer them for you.

Thanks,
Mona

John Alan February 28, 2023

Hey Mona, thanks for responding.  My issue is that - no matter how I sent the two email addresses for alerts - they both get the alerts.

Address #1 - for all alerts/incidents excepting watched services.

Address #2 - ONLY for notification of on-call starting, nothing else.

And yet... when an alert for a watched service comes in Address #2 gets notified.

Mona Singh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 1, 2023

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply. Just to reconfirm my understanding, do you mean to say, when an alert or incident is created for watched services, you're receiving subscription notifications on both Address 1 and Address 2, when only 1 was added to receive Stakeholder Notifications?

If the above-mentioned is the case then its intended behavior as service subscription notifications are sent to both the email addresses that are configured under the email contact methods set within the User Profile.

So, let's say you have configured Addresses 1 & 2 under your user profile and subscribed to a service in Opsgenie. Then any new alert/incident notification created via the watched service will be sent to both email addresses 1 & 2.

Hope it helps :) In case you have any further queries, please feel free to reach out to us by creating a ticket in this link and we’ll take it from there :)

Thanks!
Mona

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events