Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting email and app notifications

Jakub Kluba July 29, 2021

I have OpsGenie integrated with my check_mk monitoring. I receive alerts on the web page correctly, but I'm not getting any email or app notification while all seems to be set up correctly. Team is defined with one member, escalation is set to all team members at 0m if alert is not acknowledged. I have attached two screenshots showing the configuration.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jakub Kluba July 30, 2021

Once I added responder to an alert it popped up in my app. Question is how do I set it permanently? I mean add auto-responder group to any alert or incident I receive?

connor mcguane July 30, 2021

So the responder needs to be automatically added in one of two ways (that I know of).  Either in the integration itself, its just a hardcoded field (or if you can control your payload of the integration it can be sent in from the alert-source).  Or, a Global alert policy can match a filter against your alert, and set the responder there.

Like Jakub Kluba likes this
Jakub Kluba August 2, 2021

I suppose I could do it from source. But configuring the Policy you mentioned would be much easier. Unfortunately I can't find it anywhere in the settings. I have found an article about this but it doesn't make things easier at all :/

I'm afraid that the plan I'm on is too low. According to support article:

https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/create-and-manage-global-alert-policies/

the policies are available only for Standard and Enterprise.

Jakub Kluba August 2, 2021

Got it solved just like you suggested @connor mcguane, thank you. I updated the configuration on the Check_MK side. I had to go to notification configuration and input the group I wanted to be the auto-responder for the alerts.

0 votes
connor mcguane July 29, 2021

Are the alerts setting the responder correctly to the team you are a part of?  A helpful screenshot would be of the alert's activity log, showing the steps it takes to (not) notify you.

I think you may be referring to this:

Jul 29 5:43 PM system System

Skipping Create alert notification policies for alert because it doesn't have an owner team.

Looks like I missed something in configuration.

0 votes

2021-07-29 17_45_34-Opsgenie - Profile — Mozilla Firefox.png2021-07-29 17_45_52-Opsgenie - Enterprise Backup — Mozilla Firefox.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events