Not all incoming alert data is shown (coming from Azure)

Nico Lenaerts September 21, 2021

OpsGenie receives alerts from Microsoft Azure Monitor, but the data is not fully visible. Often just a few sentences and then it breaks off.

The content of the alert is certainly not large, so this behavior seems strange to me.

Does anyone have an idea why this happened?

Thx!

1 answer

0 votes
Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 22, 2021

Hi @Nico Lenaerts ,

Are you seeing it cutoff within the alert being created in Opsgenie? If so - have you checked the logs in Opsgenie to see the payload we are receiving to see if it contains the full content?

You can reach out to support via support.atlassian.com or the in-app chat bubble in Opsgenie (depending on your subscription) and we can take a look at this with you!

Thanks,

Samir

Nico Lenaerts September 22, 2021

Hey Samir,

Thanks for replying so fast.

I just checked the logs and also there everything is cutoff. (see picture below)

This is very strange, because in Microsoft Azure the details are fully viewable and send to OpsGenie. Here (alert in OpsGenie) we only see the first letter as you can see.
In other alerting sometimes we only get half of the results..

Any idea what could be the possible reason for this?

When I go to support.atlassian.com, it says:

Your email nico.lenaerts@inetum-realdolmen.world is not authorized to grant permission to access data for the site. See Eligibility for Support Tickets for Atlassian Cloud for details.

Add the admin or billing/technical customer contact as a ticket participant below to approve data access for the Atlassian support team

2021-09-22_16h26_13.jpg

Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 22, 2021

Hi @Nico Lenaerts ,

It could just be that the data is truncated in the Opsgenie logs, but we are receiving the full data.

This would definitely be something we would want to look into over a support ticket  so you can grant us access to your Opsgenie account.

I'm not sure why you're getting that error when trying to access support.atlassian.com

Anyone with an Atlassian Account should be able to login there, and I confirmed that there is an Atlassian Account under nico.lenaerts@inetum-realdolmen.world.

If you'd like, I can create a support ticket and add you as the requestor, and you should receive our updates via email. Alternatively, do you see the blue chat bubble in bottom right-hand of screen when logged into Opsgenie?

e.g

2021-09-22_11-19-08.png

You can reach our support team via that chat as well. If you don't see it, it could be that you have an ad-blocker on your browser that's preventing the bubble from showing up.

Thanks,

Samir

Nico Lenaerts September 22, 2021

Hi @Samir 

Ok, so you can see that all data is send to OpsGenie?

If it's not to much of a hussle, you can create a support ticket absolutely!

If there's anything else I can do... just let me know.

Thanks in advance

Nico

Samir
Atlassian Team
September 22, 2021

Hi @Nico Lenaerts ,

Is this the message you're seeing when you attempt to create a support ticket via support.atlassian.com?2021-09-22_11-37-26.png

If so - you can ignore that and proceed to create the ticket, it should still let you submit the ticket.

That warning is just indicating that you are not a site-admin or technical/billing contact for your Atlassian site, so you cannot provide us data access to the Atlassian Site.

However we do not need access to the Atlassian Site, we just need access to the Opsgenie account. Once you submit the ticket we can send over an access request link to you to provide us access to your Opsgenie account.

So please try to create the support ticket and ignore that warning message, and it should let you submit it. Let me know if you run into anymore issues submitting the ticket.

Thanks,

Samir

Nico Lenaerts September 23, 2021

Hi @Samir 

I just created a support ticket.
Already big thx for your help!

Kind regards,

Nico

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events