Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie question related to personal on-call schedule

awslabspl March 16, 2021

Need help

Wanted to try out OpsGenie. Currently have both Jira and BitBucket so - I thought - wont be any problem:: just click on OpsGenie icon, go through setup,and just use.

Done all that, now: when I go to: Settings > Your on-call shedule I see sample schedule.

Now I need to change this.

====

OK: found how to set on-call time to my teams ( SDA / QA / ALL / Prod / any other we may have ), deleted everything there, added my own one(s) and thats working. At least graphically.

====

How to change on-call schedule for one particular user ( like myself ) without changing team on-call schedule?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 18, 2021

Hi @awslabspl ,

When a user is added or removed from a rotation, that rotation will be rebuilt with the remaining users from the Starts on date of the rotation.

So, in some cases, this can cause an issue where the dates/times for users left in the schedule are shifted. To avoid this when editing a rotation, it's best to reset the Starts on date to reflect who should be on-call in the Final Schedule before saving the schedule. For example:

schedcomm1.jpgschedcomm2.jpgschedcomm3.jpg

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events