Monitor all Alerts and Incidents in Opsgenie

Aslan Brooke May 5, 2023

How can I setup Opsgenie to get an email (or notification) for every alert and incident created. However, this is purely monitoring, NOT for being involved in the alert or incident. Essentially making it possible for the information to be pushed to me, rather than having to pull the information from the Alerts and Incidents UI on the web.

1 answer

0 votes
Shashwat Khare
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2023

Hey @Aslan Brooke,

I'm from the Opsgenie support team and will be assisting you with this query :) 

You can add your email id to your Email contact method by navigating to Settings > Notifications > Contact Methods and adding your email id under Email via "Add email" as below:
Screenshot 2023-05-08 at 5.44.25 PM.png

Once your email id is added, please add a notification rule for "New Alert" by navigating to Settings > Notifications > Notification rules > New Alert > Notify me via email at <email_id> as below:
Screenshot 2023-05-08 at 5.47.25 PM.png

Reference document link:

Create and manage notification preferences in Opsgenie

Best,
Shashwat

Aslan Brooke May 8, 2023

@Shashwat Khare This answer does not solve for receiving an email when ANY Alert is created for ANY person/team. As an admin I want visibility of ALL alerts via email, not just those assigned to me or a team I'm on.

Does that make sense.

Shashwat Khare
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 9, 2023

@Aslan Brooke yes, that makes sense but kindly note that the system design has been done this way to prevent email clutter about alert notifications and this is why by design, Opsgenie will not send you alert notifications unless you're one of the responders or part of the responder team for the Alert.

May I ask if you have considered using the Slack integration with Opsgenie wherein you will be able to receive a notification about each and every alert being created in your Opsgenie instance without having the assignment/ownership of the Alert?

Reference document link:
Integrate Opsgenie with Slack

Best,
Shashwat

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events