Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mimecast disclaimer

Jankowski_ Scott
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 27, 2022

When using email integrations and applying the alert field {{message}} in the description...a Mimecast disclaimer is posting in addition to our details in the body.  Our infrastructure team have claimed they have whitelisted it but it still posts. Is there something in OpsGenie that could be posting the following?  Any insight would be appreciated. 

Description:

This e-mail message and any files transmitted with it contain confidential information intended only for the person(s) to whom this email message is addressed. If you have received this e-mail message in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone or e-mail and destroy the original message without making a copy. Thank you.

Neither this information block, the typed name of the sender, nor anything else in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I'm afraid this is not coming from Opsgenie, it's being added by Mimecast.  There's nothing you can do in Opsgenie to stop it, it's happening after Opsgenie has sent the email.

I always find email disclaimers amusing, as they're utterly pointless, and yet people still  actually pay services like Mimecast to add them!  Don't get me wrong, Mimecast's services are well worth it, but the email disclaimer thing is just silly. 

Consider the one I often add, which has all the same information and legal force as any other:

IMPORTANT: This email is intended for the use of the individual addressee(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential, privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas.

Unless the word absquatulation has been used in its correct context somewhere other than in this warning, it does not have any legal or no grammatical use and may be ignored. No animals were harmed in the transmission of this email, although the kelpie next door is living on borrowed time, let me tell you. Those of you with an overwhelming fear of the unknown will be gratified to learn that there is no hidden message revealed by reading this warning backwards, so just ignore that Alert Notice from Microsoft.

However, by pouring a complete circle of salt around yourself and your computer you can ensure that no harm befalls you and your pets. If you have received this email in error, please add some nutmeg and egg whites, whisk and place in a warm oven for 40 minutes.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events