Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating from Opsgenie Enterprise to JSM Premium

Nancy Freeman August 17, 2022

Hi Atlassian Community

My teams have been using Opsgenie Enterprise for 4+ years, and we have recently implemented Jira Service Management Premium.  We use JSM for Change Control, Some RQs, and our (CMDB)Asset Management environments.     I would like to migrate off the OG Enterprise environment and onto the JSM Premium environment, effectively combining the environments into one JSM Premium instance.   

• Is there an automated way to do this? 
  • I have different team names on OG vs. JSM.  In OG I have teams defined locally in the cloud app vs. JSM I am using Atlassian access and Active Directory synced teams.  
  • What happens to my integrations ? 
    • API
    • Email 
    • OpsGenie Edge Connector
    • SolarWinds
    • Zabbix 
    • Pingdom
  • What happens to user settings? 
  • Any advice on ensuring your teams have updated their phones to point to the new instance?
  • Can I try this out in my JSM Sandbox before production? 
  • Has anyone done this? How painful was it?  Would you just rebuild in JSM and plan a cutover date vs. migrating?  
  • Atlassian, please write a guide. 

I am so appreciative of any advice or guidance others can provide.   

Thanks! 

Nancy

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mubeen Mohammed
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 19, 2022

Hello @Nancy Freeman 

Thank you for contacting Atlassian Community!

As I understand you wish to merge your Opsgenie standalone instance with your existing JSM subscription.

Here is the detailed documentation that talks about the questions you shared with the feature set and billing changes you will notice after the merge: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/should-i-merge-opsgenie-with-jira-service-management/.

The following options are not available to Opsgenie with the JSM subscription:

1. No Incoming Call Routing integration.
  2. No Stakeholder role is available. All users in JSM will be considered users in Opsgenie.

Can I try this out in my JSM Sandbox before production? 

This is currently not a feasible option and available options with a sandbox account are discussed in the following documentation https://support.atlassian.com/organization-administration/docs/manage-product-sandboxes/#Copy-data-to-a-sandbox

- Has anyone done this? How painful was it?  Would you just rebuild in JSM and plan a cutover date vs. migrating?  

This process is self-explained and straightforward that needs to be initiated only from your end with the required admin privileges. Following are steps to Merge Opsgenie with Jira Service Management https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/merge-opsgenie-with-jira-service-management/

I hope this clarifies your query. Please let us know if you have any further questions. We will be happy to assist.

Regards

Mubeen Mohammed

Cloud Support Engineer

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events