MS teams change channel

roldemaat-bol April 18, 2023

Is it possible to switch the channels within the teams integration or is there a way to completely remove the integration from a team and add it again to a new channel in the team?
When I disconnect the account in the channel I initially used and try to connect in the new channel it will connect but the messages are posted in the initial channel and not in the new channel.

Same is happening if I remove the integration from the team and add it again to the new channel, it says that is already configured and all notifications are again posted in the initial channel and not in the new channel. 

Hopefully someone know how to fix this. 
I even have created a new api key and tried setting that up in the new channel but still the original channel receives the notifications.

1 answer

0 votes
John M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 27, 2023

Hi @roldemaat-bol .

You should be able to revoke access to the old channel here:

https://opsgenie-talk.slack.com/apps/A286WATV2-opsgenie-for-alert-management?did_revoke=1&tab=settings&next_id=0

Once that is done, delete the integration and add a new Slack integration:

2023-04-27_17-14-16.png

and it will let you choose a new channel to add it to:

2023-04-27_17-15-08.png

roldemaat-bol May 4, 2023

Hi, 

Thank you for the reply, I'll try this :-)

Like John M likes this
Magnus Niemann February 12, 2024

I have the same problem, but for MS Teams - the answer is clearly referring to the Slack integration, not to the MS Teams one. How would you change channels on MS Teams?

John M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 13, 2024

Hi @Magnus Niemann you would need to delete the app from the Teams side and reconfigure it with them new channel. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events