Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logzio <-> Opsgenie integration - Alert alias

Maor October 31, 2021

Hi,

I am trying to create an alert in Opsgenie using Logz.io integration I am not able to set custom "alias" in order to reduce alert duplication.

Is there a way to set custom alias in Logzio?

Thanks

1 answer

1 vote
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 1, 2021

Hi Maor,

This is Darryl, Opsgenie Support. I am here to help. 

Understand that you would like to adjust the alias field to leverage the Alert De-duplication for alerts created by Logzio integration.

As I've replied to you in another support ticket. From our end, I found that your Opsgenie is currently subscribing to the Free plan, which has very limited feature sets available.

In a Free plan, you will not be able to adjust the alias field from the Advanced Integration Settings of the Logz.io integration on your Opsgenie but only be able to use the default settings.,

In the default settings, Opsgenie takes the value of {{alert_alias}} from the payload sent from the Logz.io site as the alias field value for Alert De-duplication.

The concept of Alert De-duplication is to suppress the creation of the alerts from multiple data having the same alias value as lone as there is an existing one still not closed yet. This will be very helpful for reducing alert/notification fatigue.

The solution here is to please adjust the {{alert_alias}} field value from your Logz.io side to ensure the duplicated data sent to Opsgenie will contain the same value while the independent data will have unique values.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Darryl Lee
Opsgenie Support

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events