cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Log Download Links?

Tom Russell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2022

When using the Log API to download log files, a link is generated. We need to have that link defined in our corporate proxy allowances. The links we're getting now start with

https://rps-bucket-prod-west2.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com

Will this always be the case? Will there ever be other regions used?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 12, 2022

Hi @Tom Russell ,

This is Darryl. I am here to help.

Understand that you would like to know if the URL in the response of Log API will be consistently the same for your corporate proxy to whitelist.

In your case, it looks like your Opsgenie is hosting on the US data region, so the relevant URL of the Log API should be the same as you attached.

Unless there is any incident that happens on the AWS side leading to the URL changed by the service failover or high availability.

I am wondering if it's possible to incorporate the asterisk symbol for a greedy match on the domain name?

For example:

*.us-west-2.amazonaws.com

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Darryl Lee
Support Engineer, Atlassian

Tom Russell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2022

Thanks, @Darryl Lee  - I'll check with our InfoSec group about a wildcard, but I'm worried that the domain named I posted in the question is even too broad for their liking.

Like Darryl Lee likes this
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 13, 2022

Thanks @Tom Russell !

For more specific details, please reach out to Opsgenie Support and my colleague will help you from there on this subject.

Kind regards,
Darryl Lee
Support Engineer, Atlassian

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events