Link Service Management or Work Management Jira tickets to Postmortem

Carsten Häusler August 13, 2021

How can I link  Service Management or Work Management Jira tickets to a postmortem in Opsgenie. I only have the option to link tickets from software projects. Is there a way to enable it or create a feature request for Atlassian to develop it?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 13, 2021

Hi @Carsten Häusler ,

You can link JSM tickets to the incident in Opsgenie...

e.g.

2021-08-13_15-33-03.png

To do this you will want to setup the connection between your JSM instance and Opsgenie according to this doc

This will require your Opsgenie account to be connected to the same Atlassian site that your JSM subscription is on. Once that connection is setup, you should see the option on your alerts/incidents in Opsgenie to link Jira Service Management requests.

One thing to note is only JSM issues from the ITSM template project in JSM will be able to be linked.

There isn't a way to link issues directly to the postmortem in Opsgenie, they can only be linked to alerts/incidents currently.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks,

Samir

Carsten Häusler August 16, 2021

Hello Samir,

yes, we are using this function already. However, we would like to link other service management tickets to the postmortem. Will this be implemented to the postmortems as well? I don't see why the postmortem should only be limited to software projects. You can add both types to the incident. So why is the same not available for postmortems?

Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 16, 2021

Hi @Carsten Häusler 

I've gone ahead and entered a feature request for the option to create/link JSM issues from the postmortem.

I think the idea behind having the option to create/link Jira Software issues there is because when  completing the postmortem, there may be tasks or other more "software" related issues to complete that are needed to for remediation reasons, i.e. to ensure that this type of incident doesn't happen again. So these would be more JSW type issues rather than tickets in JSM, since they generally require code/infrastructure related changes.

However I can certainly understand the desire to want to be able to create/link JSM issues form the postmortem as well, so I have submitted a feature request for this.

Thanks,

Samir

Carsten Häusler August 16, 2021

Thanks, Samir. I hope this will be implemented soon.

Carsten Häusler February 24, 2022

Hello Samir,
could you please share a ticket link for the feature request? Is there an ETA on this yet?
Thanks for your help!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events