cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira integration with Opsgenie

Hristo Vassilev
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 16, 2024

Hi,

I have integrated Jira Software (soon we'll switch to Jira Service Management) to Opsgenie and all incidents are successfully flowing to Opsgenie as alerts. I have created 2 incident rules to automatically create Opsgenie incidents when an alert from Jira is matching certain requirements (Source = jira-software-cloud AND Priority = P1 AND P2). 

I have two questions:

1. How can I align the Jira Incident ID with the Opsgenie Incident ID (as of today the Jira Incident ID's are at 4900 and counting and the Opsgenie Incident ID's are at ~30 and whenever I want to create a Slack channel form Opsgenie which we want to use as an incident HUB of some sort the Slack channel is labeled with the Opsgenie ID which is misleading.

2. How can I automatically link the Jira incident ticket with the Opsgenie incident ticket, the Jira incident is linked to the Opsgenie alarm, but it's not visible in the Opsgenie incident. I also want to add more details to the Opsgenie incident from the Jira incident.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
John M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2024

Hi @Hristo Vassilev

John from Opsgenie support here - happy to assist.

Here are answers to your questions:

1. There is no way to control the issue or incident IDs in Jira or Opsgenie, as those are assigned by the system and not accessible on the frontend. You can however add a link to from the Slack channel to the Jira incident to avoid confusion, as explained in the next answer.

2. To add more details to the incident (which can be sent to Slack) you will need to add those details to the alert, which are then carried over to the incident via the incident rule.

For example, to add a link to the incident ID, you will need to create that link in the Jira integration settings, and add it to one of the fields that is used in the incident creation.

In the example below, we are creating a link in the description field via the 'create' action in the integration, and you can see in the second screenshot that the alert's description is used in the incident summary:

2024-04-17_11-59-41.png2024-04-17_12-00-09.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events