Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Integration in Opsgenie

Zihe Wang
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 25, 2023

Hi,

We are trying to get alerts when someone tagged the user in comments(comment body) and here is our setup: 

Screen Shot 2023-01-25 at 2.19.36 PM.png

But it is not working. However, when the 'Assignee' 'Matches' {oncall user name},  it works. 
Thanks. 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2023

Hi @Zihe Wang ,

I think it would all depend on how the data is parsing in the payload / Logs when a comment is added, and a user is tagged in the comment.

A few tests I ran show the user's ID parsing in the comment instead of the user's name or email:

comment1.jpg

comment2.jpg

If you want alerts to only be created when a user is tagged in a comment, then I think you'd want your Create Alert action filter to look something like this:

comment3.jpg

^ Using regex, this filter will create an Opsgenie alert when an issue is created OR a comment is added, AND a user is tagged in the comment.

Event Type Matches .*(~issue_commented|issue_created).*

Comment Body Matches .*(~accountid:).*

Zihe Wang
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 26, 2023

Hi Nick,

Thank you so much for the detailed solution and experiement! It works!

Thanks again,

Zihe

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events