Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to link service management incident tickets to opsgenie incidents ?

zeeshan.khan March 8, 2021

I have a Jira Service Management instance and a service management project that has Opsgenie features built in. I want to know

1. If there is a way to link service management incident tickets to opsgenie incidents ?

2. Create a 2-way sync wherein when an incident is updated/closed in service management project it automatcally closes the opsgenie incident and alerts all stakeholders ?

2 answers

0 votes
Cornelius Maximen July 26, 2021

I have same issue it was logged with heldesk but never resolved !

Connor Eyles
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 1, 2021

Hi @Cornelius Maximen 

I'm sorry to hear that this was not resolved for you! 

I can see that on the ticket we did not hear back from you so we could not further our investigation on the issue. 

If you would like this one resolved, I would suggest that you reach back out to our helpdesk and we can take a look at this one for you smile

To further help with the investigation, may I ask if you could provide a HAR file on this issue.

Please go to Opsgenie alert open it scroll to the "Jira Service Management requests" but before clicking on a Jira Service Management request, I would like you to start capturing in the developer console, then save a .HAR file https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/generating-har-files-and-analyzing-web-requests-720420612.html

Thanks,
Connor

0 votes
Connor Eyles
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 11, 2021

Hi @zeeshan.khan 

Hope you are well :)

Yes, Ticket linking JSM incident tickets to Opsgenie incidents as defined in this document here https://docs.opsgenie.com/docs/jira-service-desk-cloud

You can also see my screenshots below showing you how it can be done

Image 2021-03-12 at 9.47.56 am

Image 2021-03-12 at 9.48.36 am

At the moment there isn't a way to auto-close incidents, We do have a Feature Request for auto-closing incidents (AG-371). The JSM integration between Opsgenie and JSM relates to "Alerts" Please check out this document https://docs.opsgenie.com/docs/jiraservicedesk-integration

The functionality of the integration

Jira Service Management to Opsgenie:

• When an issue is created in Jira Service Management, an alert is created in Opsgenie.
  • When a comment is added to issue in Jira Service Management, the same comment is added as a note to the alert in Opsgenie.
  • When an issue is closed and resolved in Jira Service Management, the alert in Opsgenie is closed.

Opsgenie to Jira Service Management:

• If Send Alert Updates Back to Jira Service Management is enabled, actions for Jira Service Management are executed in Jira Service Management when the chosen action is executed in Opsgenie for alerts which are created by the Jira Service Management integration.
  • If Create Jira Service Management Issues for Opsgenie Alerts is enabled, actions for Jira Service Management are executed in Jira Service Management when the chosen action is executed in Opsgenie for alerts which have a source other than the Jira Service Management integration.
  • This action mapping features are explained in detail in the Action Mapping Feature section below.

Thanks,
Connor

zeeshan.khan March 11, 2021

Hi Connor,

Thanks for your reply mate. I have all the pre-reqauisites met and both my jira service management and opsgenie accounts are under the same tenant.

I have also tried creating a webhook as suggested in the Opsgenie --> Teams --> Integrations --> Jira Service Management section.

Still, I cannot see any of JSM incidents appearing the details section of the Opsgenie incidents. Refer screenshots below;

Sample-Incident-Tickets-in-JSM.JPG

Opsgenie-not-linking-JSM-Incidents.JPG

Is it something to do with my Opsgenie offering? I have free/standard tier at the moment. Which tier you have got there ?

Connor Eyles
Atlassian Team
March 11, 2021

Hi @zeeshan.khan 

Another requirement is that the Opsgenie instance and Jira Service Management need to live in the same site for the linking to work, this could be the issue you face.

Another issue I see from your screenshot is that you are searching for "JSM" where your Incident ticket is "JSDACC"

I cant confirm your setup without your details but if this is still an issue for you I suggest raising a support ticket with us and we can take it from there :)

Thanks,
Connor

Rafał Starzec April 6, 2022

Hi @zeeshan.khan you need to add request type in jira project settings to Incident Work Categories, then you will see tickets from this request type avaiabel in opsgenie.

Regards,

Rafał

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events