Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to dynamically set responders with a GoogleStackdriver global integration?

brad_welker
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 1, 2024

I am trying to create a Global Integration of type "Google Cloud's operations suite" (a.k.a. GoogleStackdriver) and auto-assign Responders in opsgenie based on policy labels in Google Cloud Monitoring (GCM). I added a policy label in GCM and am able to reference it in opsgenie's "Create Alert" rule with {{_payload.incident.policy_user_labels.opsgenie_team}} in some property fields, but the Responders field will not accept this.

Is there any way to dynamically assign Responders via a global Google Cloud Operations Suite integration? I would like to be able to assign Responders to opsgenie alerts originating from GCM without creating a GCM notification channel per opsgenie team or creating an alert filter per team in the opsgenie alert rule.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 2, 2024

Hi @brad_welker ,

There isn't a way to filter for fields that aren't already available in the integration's 'create' filter.

I know you said that you didn't want to create an alert filter per team, but essentially that same logic is the only way to achieve your requirement, only using policies instead of alert actions in the integration.

To do that with policies, you would add the parsed field as an extra property in the 'create' action, then filter for it in a policy and hardcode the corresponding team.

Each team would need it's own policy. Below is an example.

Stackdriver Integration adding the team as an extra property:

2024-02-02_04-33-57.png

Policy for 'support team' as an example:

2024-02-02_04-34-46.png

brad_welker
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 2, 2024

Understood, I appreciate the response. I do think this would be useful functionality to have so that new and existing teams could simply create stackdriver policies with an "opsgenie_team" label to route alerts to their team without the need to setup an additional matching policy on the opsgenie side.

Thanks John!

Like John M likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events