Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to be alerted (via webhook) when an incident is changed in any way?

dpetit April 13, 2021

I am wanting to extract incident data for reporting purposes in a separate database. Is there a way to be alerted (via webhook) when an incident is changed in any way? I see the alert webhooks (which are kind of useful), but ultimately, they dont fire when the incident is updated. For example, upon marking an incident resolved, OG will trigger webhooks from the generated alerts. However, if someone goes back the incident and updates the Impact Duration fields, no further webhooks fire.

Is there any way to handle this without having to scrape all of the incidents via the API on timer?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2021

Hi @dpetit !

Like you mentioned, we have an outgoing webhook integration which can be used to trigger a request to a custom endpoint based on actions on an Ospgenie alert (i.e. post to webhook when alert is created, closed, etc.)

However this integration can only be triggered off of alert actions in Opsgenie. There isn't a way to have it trigger for incident actions at this time. Like you said, for each incident there are "responder" alert(s) that are generated, which can be used to trigger the webhook. But these alerts don't get updated when you do something like update the impact duration field like you mentioned.

I can enter a feature request to be able to trigger a webhook integration directly based on actions taken to an incident in Opsgenie. But right now there isn't a way to trigger a webhook based on updating the impact duration field for an incident. I believe we will be adding more functionality around triggering integrations off of incident actions, as right now they are designed more around alert actions.

Let me know if you have anymore questions!

Thanks,

Samir

dpetit April 13, 2021

Thanks for the response. Please do open a feature request for this!

Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2021

Sure thing @dpetit - I've gone ahead and ensured that there is a feature request open for this functionality

Vivekanand G July 16, 2021

Could you share the link to feature request?

Tony Habib August 12, 2021

I'm also interested in this feature as well, I'm looking for my application to be notified when an incident is resolved

Chris Seltzer August 20, 2021

I'm interested in this as well can you link the feature request?

Samir
Atlassian Team
August 20, 2021

Hi! I have added additional upvotes to the feature request. Opsgenie feature requests are not public facing currently, so I am unable to share the link. But I have increased the request count on the feature request.

Darren Burden October 18, 2021

I am also interested in this feature request. Is there a status on this request?

nicholas.mckenzie October 26, 2022

Hello.

Any update on this issue? We are trying to integrate OpsGenie and Jira Service Desk and need to be able to close/update tickets when an incident is updated. Leveraging the Responder Alert is not reliable unfortunately. 

Dae-Young Kim November 21, 2022

Hi, any update on this? I really need this feature to automate the post-action when the incidents is created by alert or manual.

Like 이진우_Jinwoo Lee_ likes this
nicholas.mckenzie November 21, 2022

We've resorted to using Power Automate to poll the Incident for a status change and then trigger additional steps from there.

Samir
Atlassian Team
November 21, 2022

Hi All - we now have public feature suggestions for Opsgenie in jira.atlassian.com

Here is the link to the suggestion to be able to integrate Opsgenie incidents with external systems (including webhook integration).

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/OPSGENIE-67

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events