Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to populating a slack user group with current Opsgenie on-call?

kimberly June 2, 2022

Is it possible to populate a slack user group with the current Opsgenie on call?

I maintain several on call rotations in Opsgenie. We have a Slack user group that I maintain with the people currently on call. Currently I manually go in and update the user group the day the schedule switches over. Is there way that this can be done automatically?

Also semi related, I would like to post in a slack channel this week's and next week's on call lists. Is this possible? It would be even better if the individuals were tagged.

I also have a Google Sheet with dates and the people that are on-call for those dates, if it's easier to pull from that.

I have looked online and have found plugins that can do it but I am looking for a way that I can setup it up myself.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Justin Sitarz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2022

Hi Kimberly!

Justin here, from Opsgenie support - happy to help!

There is not currently a way to do this out of the box with Opsgenie and Slack - though it is potentially possible through use of some 3rd party plugins and/or a combination of customization in Slack and/or Opsgenie, utilizing our REST API. You can read more about the Opsgenie REST API here:

https://docs.opsgenie.com/docs/api-overview

In particular, the resources you would need to interact with via our API to accomplish this would be Schedules and Schedule Rotations.

But, we have had other customers request similar functionality, and have had an internal feature request for this for some time. I've gone ahead and added this to our public request board, as well - you can find it here, now:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/OPSGENIE-573

Hopefully that helps, but please let us know if there's more that we can assist with - thanks!

Justin Sitarz

Atlassian Cloud Support

0 votes
Mansi November 11, 2023

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events