Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to get an Asset name from JSM in the Extra Property of the OpsGenie automation rule?

Wong January 11, 2023

I have a JSM Cloud/OpsGenie Cloud integration set up.  When a P1 ticket in JSM is created, I would like to create an alert in OpsGenie that would have an Extra Property called AssignedTeam.  The Assigned Team is an Asset select field in JSM (customfield_1234).  In the incoming Automation Rule, I have set the extra property for AssignedTeam = {{_payload.issue.fields.customfield_1234.value}} but nothing is showing up in the OpsGenie alert.  Any suggestion?

1 answer

1 vote
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 11, 2023

Hi @WB ,

If the AssignedTeam field is being added by an automation rule, then I believe the webhook event to Opsgenie would be jira:issue_updated instead of jira:issue_created - since this rule is being run after the issue is created. By default, Opsgenie will create issues when they are created in JSM, and not when they are updated.

If that's the case then you'd want a create alert action to filter on this event, and probably along with the priority since the automation rule only runs when a P1 is created. That filter might look something like this then:

p1jsm.jpg

^ Note this screenshot is of the Advanced tab of the integration which is only available on the Standard and Enterprise (or JSM/O Premium and Enterprise) plans.

If you can create alerts following these steps, then you should be able to extract the AssignedTeam field. This Community Article should also help with extracting custom fields: How to Extract Custom Fields and Data into an Alert

You may also want to review the Logs tab to see if Opsgenie is in fact receiving the requests when the automation rule is run. It could provide a better idea of what filter/conditions could be needed in order to have these create alerts.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events