Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to create a custom dashboard in the Analytics section of OpsGenie?

Nir Asis June 8, 2021

I'm trying to generate some reports specific to my needs.

I can ofcourse take the data out but I prefer to find a way to do it within OpsGenie website if possible.

Is there a way to create a custom dashboard under analytics?

2 answers

1 vote
Javier Coira [RoninPixels]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 29, 2021

Hi @Nir Asis ,

As Nick indicates, there's no option to create dashboards on Opsgenie. Still, if you are using Jira or Confluence too, and you are open to commercial solutions, I'd like to suggest a solution to create dashboards and custom charts, called Dashboard Hub for Jira.

This solution has integrations with several Atlassian applications, Opsgenie included, providing 4 specific gadgets for this application. You can also find more than 50 gadgets for other purposes (some of the specific, and others pretty generalistic).

You can see live examples here:

Hope this helps!

(You can find it in the Atlassian Marketplace here -> Dashboard Hub for Jira)

Nir Asis June 29, 2021

Thanks @Javier Coira [RoninPixels] 

Tried the DevOps dashboard. It is nice but doesn't have a lot.

I didn't understand if I can copy it and then customize it to my needs or not.

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 29, 2021

No problem Nir!.

The DevOps template is just a quick way to have a base to configure your own dashboards. You can copy it, add/delete gadgets or slides, create several dashboards, sharing with people from outside of your organization, export them as PNG files, ... 

You can find more details about that template and all gadgets (60+) in our online doc -> DevOps-Software-Team-template doc.

Anyway, we are implementing new features every month, and new feature requests are welcome!

Nir Asis June 29, 2021

Thanks @Javier Coira [RoninPixels] 

Basically what I'm trying to achieve is a measurement for alert fatigue and a KPI which I can use to set goals for engineering managers.

The two KPIs I've considered so far are:
1. Most frequent alerts - these alerts should be easily identifiable and the team should put higher effort on fixing their root cause
2. Number of alerts per developer / per team / per group / per day with the option to divide it to working hours / off working hours

If you'll be able to come up such a dashboard or report it will be great for my needs and I assume many others too

Like Gorka Puente _Appfire_ likes this
Marketplace Partner
June 29, 2021

Interesting suggestion,

Dashboard Hub already has a couple of pretty similar gadgets for bitbucket and PRs workload...

And, I think it will be great to have those metrics for Opsgenie. Do you mind contacting us to refine the requirements for these KPIs? (by email or the RoninPixels portal support)

Nir Asis June 30, 2021

@Javier Coira [RoninPixels] I'll appreciate it if you would be it up from here into any other system in which you manage requests/features. It's quite detailed.

0 votes
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2021

Hi @Nir Asis ,

Unfortunately it's not currently possible to create custom analytic dashboards, or save analytic searches (like it is in the alert dash).

We do have an open feature request for this that I've gone ahead and added you to. That ticket for reference is ROK-872; Saved filters for Reports.

Since our tickets are not public, we'll reach out if/when this has an updates or developments.

In the meantime - like I mentioned with alert searches - you can save Alert Searches and export these alerts (but I understands it's probably not ideally what you are looking for):

alertsearch1.jpg

1 - Create alert query: https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/search-queries-for-alerts/

2 - Save search

3 - Saved searches will appear on the left menu for easier access

4 - Export the list of alerts

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any additional questions, issues, etc. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events